13th Jan 2017 Nintendo Switch Direct Official Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Jan 2017 Nintendo Switch Direct Official Thread

With the Nintendo Direct for the official Switch Direct just over a week away, thought I'd make a thread for new switch news that will be revealed during the direct.
    In the meantime what are you hoping/expecting to be revealed?

I'm guessing they will announce an official date, and price, and hopefully showing off some games that will be released at launch.
    I also wonder if they are going to make any alternate colours of the docking station and the joycon (is that their name?) controllers, or a special edition zelda one to go with the launch of breath of the wild.
    hello friends i am a turtle

Ughhhhhh it's at the worst possible time slot for Europe.

Maybe I should call in sick <.<;;;
    ~Learn to swim~

Comment

yeah its 4am gmt lol

Comment

Realistic predictions:

Price
        Release date
        Online details and UI details
        Release date for Breath of the Wild
        More details on new Mario game, WiiU expanded ports (Super Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8)
        Pikmin 4 reveal video (supposedly this game has been done for quite sometime)
        More third parties announced
        A surprise reveal (both first and third)
        Special sizzler video showing off indie support
        (going out on a limb with this one) Mario and Rabbids rpg, Pokemon Stars, and Mother 3 all being real and being released within this year

Launch line up predictions:
        WiiU expanded ports with exception of the Smash Bros one, which will be released either in the summer or fall
        New Mario game (I can see this one being released later in order to prevent software droughts though)
        Pikmin 4
        Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to act like the killer app of the launch
        Skyrim remaster
        The basketball game shown off at the reveal video
        A few other third party ports, with one being Final Fantasy XV (another prediction I'm going out on a limb for)

(Honestly, if even half of my launch line-up prediction is true, then this will be one of the best console launches in some time)

Unrealistic predictions:

Mother 4
        Metroid Prime 4
        New 2D Metroid game
        Pokemon Snap 2
        New F-Zero and remake of the Gamecube F-Zero
        HD Fire Emblem of some sort
        HD 3D remakes of some pokemon game
        Grand Theft Auto V ()
        Konami to stop being miserable hacks at life
        Legend of Dragoon 2 and Breath of Fire VI are actually being made and will both be released on the Switch, alongside a revival of the Grandia series, because I need those series to come back to life
        Chrono Break actually being made within my lifetime
        I think this is good for a start :3
        Last edited by cabbage; 01-05-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: Added Launch line up predictions and Pikmin 4 prediction

Comment

Nintendo will be doing a live event to feature games announced at the Nintendo Switch presentation.

"Join us at 9:30AM EST on 1/13 for Treehouse Live and an in-depth look at upcoming games featured in the Nintendo Switch Presentation."

I definitely think Zelda will be announced as a launch title for the Nintendo Switch, and I am hype to play that! Hoping I will be able to stay up to watch the live direct and the Treehouse live event.

Comment

I'm really excited. I hope that there are still some big surprises left
            Kardibask

Comment

- Zelda on launch
              - Monster Hunter XX HD (At least for Japan)
              - Pokemon Sun/Moon 3rd version in fall
              - 3D Mario for holidays (maybe on launch but I doubt it, BotW + 3D Mario on launch would be too much)
              - 3rd party exclusives from Ubisoft and Capcom (Other than MonHun and Rabbids RPG)
              - Square-Enix game other than Dragon Quest
              - Splatoon/Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros not being full price, or discounted for previous owners
              - Animal Crossing Switch not until 2018
              - Miyamoto's next game (Pikmin 4, right? Maybe this will be saved for E3)
              - Region-free and no subscription service

Pretty safe predictions, but yeah
              Last edited by Joba; 01-10-2017, 09:57 PM.
              ~Learn to swim~

Comment

Apparently 4chan "leaked" some of the launch titles for the Nintendo Switch, I doubt these are legit, but here they are anyways:

Has Been Heroes - Indie viking style action game. Being developed by Frozenbyte.

Fast RMX - Fast Racing NEO redone on Switch with new content.

Snipperclips - Small title that uses the two joycons for two players.

Super Bomberman R - Surprise!

Arms - Fantasy fighting game. All characters have long arms w/ different powers. TW101 Artstyle.

Disgaea 5 Complete

Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers - Port with new content.

Super Mario Odyssey - New 3D Mario title. Logo has a plane in it, implying a new flight mechanic.

1 2 Switch - The Switch's minigame compilation.

Splatoon 2: It's A Sequel Now. You Should Buy It Now.

(A clear copy-paste from Neogaf if you haven't noticed )

I, for one, hope to god that at least Bomberman is real, because then the chances of finally getting that long last Bonk game that was supposedly in development for the 3DS before Hudson Soft gotten sold to Konami, who then canceled the games they were developing for the 3DS ;_; may finally see the light of day. What a glorious day that will be .

Originally posted by Joba View Post
                - Zelda on launch
                - Monster Hunter XX HD (At least for Japan)
                - Pokemon Sun/Moon 3rd version in fall
                - 3D Mario for holidays (maybe on launch but I doubt it, BotW + 3D Mario on launch would be too much)
                - 3rd party exclusives from Ubisoft and Capcom (Other than MonHun and Rabbids RPG)
                - Square-Enix game other than Dragon Quest
                - Splatoon/Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros not being full price, or discounted for previous owners
                - Animal Crossing Switch not until 2018
                - Miyamoto's next game (Pikmin 4, right? Maybe this will be saved for E3)
                - Region-free and no subscription service

Pretty safe predictions, but yeah
                Most rumors are currently stating that both Zelda and Mario will be at launch (Zelda's seemingly confirmed at this point for what it's worth). I haven't seen much about Pikmin 4 though, so you're probably right on the money about it being saved for e3 this year.
                Last edited by cabbage; 01-12-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Less than five hours left

Comment

To be honest, I was left a bit underwhelmed. Wasn't a strong conference to get me excited for the system. I'm glad it's region free, though.

Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 were the only new games that really caught my eye. I actually thought Arms looked a tad interesting with a cool art style, so I might keep an eye on that. I have no idea what was up with that 1,2 Switch game though. I'm no way interested in Splatoon, but I'm happy to see it's actually a sequel.

Some things that really bothered me watching this:
                    - Battery life doesn't sound too great
                    - Very few specific third party games were shown
                    - Some pretty bad translating
                    - Online service is now paid (This is a real problem if Nintendo doesn't pull their act together on this one)
                    - The demonstration of the JoyCon motion controls were a little dragged out
                    Last edited by Pixel; 01-13-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

3/10, No Monster Hunter.

1 point for Mario, Zelda and XB2

Price and HW was good
                      ~Learn to swim~

Comment

Super Mario Odyssey blew me away. The HD rumble and IR camera on the JoyCons looks really cool. NO MORE HEROES. SPLATOON 2. FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS. MARIO KART 8 WITH REAL BATTLE MODE AND INKLINGS.
                        Parts of this conference completely blew me away. But then it ended and I was like "that was it" and felt pretty underwhelmed. Like man, there was a lot of rumored stuff that didn't get announced which was pretty disappointing. But there's still E3. Nintendo better absolutely kill E3 this year.
                        A dragon never yields.

Comment

Xenoblade!!2!!

Comment

Zero reason to buy this thing on launch if you own a Wii U to play Zelda. Thanks NoA.

I'll get it when Mario drops or if their E3 is good.

​​​​​​Or maybe they saved something for the Treehouse stream. I hope so.

Splatoon 2 didn't show anything that made it worthy to be a full-blown sequel. Arms looked really bad to me, like Pokken Tournament except with motion controls. 1-2-Switch should've been a pack-in title.
                            Mario and XB2 looked fantastic but that much was obvious.
                            ~Learn to swim~

Comment

That BotW trailer was beautiful.
                              I'm not sure if I'll get it on launch day, I'll probably wait a few months to see what other titles are announced for it.

I'm not too happy about the battery life but I suppose it's understandable.

Comment

Working...
                              X